- “The Politics of Afro-Asian Intimacies in ‘Jim Crow Tokyo’.” Journal of American Ethnic History, Vol. 39, No. 1 (Fall 2019), pp. 35-65.
- “‘Yankee, Why Does a Big Man Like You Fear My Baby?’: The Gendered Politics of the Anti- Japanese Movement, 1908-1024,” Amerasia, Vol. 46, No. 2 (August 2020), pp. 162-179.
- Mr. Kay, Contingent Magazine
- The Sound of the Japanese Diaspora: An Interview with G Yamazawa, Discover Nikkei
- Why Women Have Become Targets in the Immigration Fight, Washington Post
- Hapa Music is Black and Brown: Jhené Aiko and the Problem of Multiracial Self-Representation, Discover Nikkei